6/23/2008

Ruminations from The Road

These entries will be snippets and observations from the road trip I took with my brother last week. We covered 1600 miles, five states and every subject under the sun. I'll post these as long as I can remember them. Enjoy...

Entry One
The fellow next to me on the flight to Birmingham suffered from “space creep.” Before I sat down he had the arm rest (that serves as a minimal personal space barrier) raised and out of the way. He was working a sudoku puzzle the entire flight and his right arm kept breaking into my non-barricaded area, his arm hairs grabbing the hair on my arms, linking like Velcro and sending small, nauseating ripples up the back of my neck. No matter how far I pulled my arm away from him he filled the gap and he never seemed to notice there was an issue. Apparently I was the only one bothered. It just gives me another reason to hate sudoku puzzles.

No comments: