8/11/2008

Not sure if I should post this...

... but, dang it, true life can be rather amusing so I present this for either your enjoyment or a personal sociological study on the dangers of undergarments. Today I decided to spend my lunch time downstairs on the Reading Porch here at FLDHSMV. It's not really a Reading Porch but more of a screened in room that is not air conditioned (but has ceiling fans) and is officially called "Smoke Free Room." I don't know if it is because people are allowed to smoke in there although it neither smells of smoke nor has ashtrays. All I know is it is usually empty and I can read a book during lunch undisturbed by the incessant TV's blaring in the cafeteria. After my reading time had ended, I began making my way back to the fourth floor via the stairs (Reading Porch is on the second). About halfway up the stairs I started getting a disturbing sensation that there was something extra in my pants, a wad of something in my underwear. I stopped and tried to retrace any bathroom decisions I had made (or forgot to make) over the course of the morning but nothing came to mind. I slowly made my way to the fourth floor and gingerly stepped into the men's restroom and secured a stall.

I have to admit, I was a bit freaked out about following through with the next step. What in the world was I going to find? I used all my mental powers to keep my imagination from running wild but knew I had to follow through regardless of the outcome. I unbuttoned my pants and started the examination. Much to my relief I found a single sock wadded up in the seat of my boxer briefs. Black on black, hiding but creeping, entirely missed when I pulled them on this morning. I supposed they started in the leg and went exploring as I walked up the steps. Fortunately it was one of my socks which is important since it keeps it in my clothing family. There is no point to this story and no moral. Just a slice of my life real time, shared as it happens. Discuss amongst yourselves...

2 comments:

Laura Jean said...

bahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S where lost socks end up (some pun intended)!