6/16/2011

Trust 30: Entry Seventeen

Invent the Future by Cindy Gallop
A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: ‘In order to predict the future, you have to invent it.’ I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.
(Author: Cindy Gallop)


My future? It will only be mildly different from my present.

In the future I will have five dollars more than I need instead of five dollars less.

In the future people that do not know me will read my words and be genuinely interested in what I am working on next.

In the future I will wake up every morning and see Hope.

In the future I will have very comfortable chairs on the Man Porch. And a real ash tray.

In the future I will read this and laugh.


#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Find out more at http://ralphwaldoemerson.me

No comments: